Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Nutrition During Adolescence
Becky is a 15-year-old female present in your office. For the past 6 months, she has only been eating two meals per day and runs about 1 hour per day. She has little time to spend with friends because she is taking advanced classes and has to study every day. She goes to bed around 2 a.m. after finishing up her homework. She then wakes up at 7 a.m. and needs to be at school by 7:45 a.m. Her current height is 5’8” and weight is 116 pounds. Six months ago she thinks she weighed 130 pounds.
This is her current diet intake:
– 7:30 am: 8 oz. of tomato juice
– 12 p.m.: 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, 3oz of lunchmeat, and 2 slices of tomato
6 oz. of low-fat yogurt
Bottle of water – 4 pm: 1 large banana (maybe)
– 7 pm: 1 cup of pasta
3 oz. of skinless chicken breast
¼ cup of marinara sauce
1 large salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots), no dressing
Bottle of water
1. Describe one cognitive and one psychosocial change Becky may be experiencing as an adolescent.
2. What are at least two assessment techniques to determine Becky’s nutritional status? Consider her height and weight, weight loss, and diet.
3. On average, how many calories would Becky need on a daily basis?
4. What nutrients would you make sure she is consuming?
5. What are two social factors that influence the food choices and nutrition status of adolescence?
This assignment does not need an abstract or cover page.