Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
You are the new IT team member of Shore & More Bicycles and have been asked by the chief information officer (CIO) to research a comprehensive new IT system. The company is expected to double in size within four years.
Shore & More Bicycles is a U.S. based import/export company with many of its products coming from suppliers in Asia. The system you propose should include technology that can grow with the business (scalable) and support its total operations, including customer Internet orders, retail store operations, supplier orders and communications, and internal operations.
Taking into consideration current and emerging technology, you will provide a report to your CIO in which you recommend and justify an IT system overhaul. This report will address all relevant issues (i.e., hardware, software, system support, human resource needs) as well as provide proper documentation for concerned stakeholders.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify 8–10 key aspects of the IT infrastructure that must be in place to support the growth strategy of the company.
B. Perform a gap analysis of the company’s current IT infrastructure and future IT infrastructure needs for the aspects identified in part A.
C. Propose a project to upgrade and reorganize the IT infrastructure (e.g., systems) across the company that will address the company’s future technology needs (i.e., The Gap) identified in part B. Include the following elements in your discussion:
• Currently available hardware
• Currently available software
• Company’s need for system support
• Emerging technology for later implementation into the proposed system
D. Create a report for management that presents important information they will need to approve the IT infrastructure Upgrade Project Proposal.
1. Create a prioritized three-year plan for the CTO, including a rollout schedule for the execution of your proposed project and the business justification for implementation of the recommended IT infrastructure upgrades from part C.
2. Discuss the human resource needs (e.g., new staff, training) for the recommended IT infrastructure upgrades.
3. Discuss how the recommended IT infrastructure upgrades would help support the company’s globalization (i.e., business growth strategy).
4. Discuss how a specific emerging technology would enable the company to provide a new product or service to customers.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.