Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Topic 2: Note: this topic requires you to visit two websites and write about information found on each of those websites.
According to an article by Terri Townsend, RN, in 2008 researchers estimated that potentially preventable adverse drug events kill 7,000 Americans annually. There are many ways to prevent these errors from occurring. Avoiding medication errors is an important part of ensuring patient safety and maximizing desired therapeutic results. Review two of the sources listed below, and answer the questions that follow.
· Institute for Safe Medical Practices (2015). ISMP’s list of error-prone abbreviations, symbols, and dose designations. http://ismp.org/Tools/errorproneabbreviations.pdf
· Figure 5.1 from textbook, pp. 62–63
· American Nurse Today. https://americannursetoday.com/medication-errors-dont-let-them-happen-to-you/
Answer each of the following questions in your initial post:
· Why might a healthcare professional use an abbreviation that is on the “Do Not Use” List or the Error-Prone List?
· What are the possible consequences?
· What is one example of misinterpreting an abbreviation?
· What can healthcare professionals do to help prevent medication errors?
This assignment does not need an abstract or title page.